CCSI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring innovation in practice by providing essential business services in partnership with organizations that improve lives and strengthen communities.
To be an exceptional place for individuals to grow and build a career, while expanding our capacity to invest in communities.
Our Operating Principles:
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Honoring People and Their Work
- Individualized Work/Life Integration
- Community Connectedness
- Diversity and Inclusion
Coordinated Care Services, Inc. (CCSI) began in 1984 as Integrated Mental Health, Inc. and was responsible for managing an innovative demonstration project focused on local management and alternative financing of public mental health services in Monroe and Livingston counties. Funded by the NYS Office of Mental Health, Monroe and Livingston counties, and the United Way, the demonstration project operated from 1987 to 1992 and contributed to significant expansion of community-based mental health services and the downsizing of inpatient and outpatient operations of the Rochester Psychiatric Center.
At the time, it was the largest capitated payment system for the seriously mentally ill that had ever occurred in the nation. Significant savings occurred that were reinvested into community services.
Demonstration project responsibilities included:
- Services planning
- Performance monitoring and management
- Information systems development and management
- Administration of alternative reimbursement arrangements, including a managed care (capitation) plan for the seriously mentally ill and a performance-based global budgeting system.
The corporation was reorganized in late 1992 to form Coordinated Care Services, Inc., and the scope of CCSI services has expanded within Monroe County and beyond.