Job ID: 417
Updated: 4/9/2019 4:52:19 PM
Job Title: School Liaison Supervisor
Location: Syracuse, New York
A Brief Job Description:
The ACCESS program serves as a central location for families to request assistance should their child/youth be experiencing emotional or behavioral challenges and functions in partnership with the Onondaga County Department of Children and Family Services Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice, School Based Initiatives and Children’s Mental Health divisions.
As a member of the ACCESS Team, the School Liaison Supervisor provides oversight and coaching support for Team Liaisons that serve as point persons for designated schools, providing support to students/families experiencing school attendance concerns or other challenges that may impact their student’s academic achievement and or well-being.
This Preventive Response offers voluntary assistance to families through a partnered assessment process that supports problem solving, solution building and best-fit service connection to meet the student’s and or family’s needs.
The School Liaison Supervisor is part of a multi-disciplinary service focused management team that assists with coordination of cross-system collaboration and planning to support and strengthen service navigation and outcomes.
Program/Department: ACCESS/Onondaga County Children and Family Services
Contact: Coordinated Care Services, Inc.
- Master Degree in Social Work or Human Services related field and 3 years of relevant professional experience or BA/BS in Human Services or related field with 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Supervisory and or coaching experience preferred
- Experience working with children/youth and their families
- Effective family engagement skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Computer proficiency
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with team members, school district personnel, families, service providers and members of the community
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team; and to handle multiple priorities
- Recognizes the value of diversity within the work environment. Participates as a member of the CCSI staff team in valuing individual differences and supporting one another’s opportunity to achieve their greatest potential
- Must possess a valid class D New York State Driver’s License and must have access to a motor vehicle insured with $300,000 liability coverage in order to meet transportation requirements as applicable
- Ability to satisfactorily complete all required background screenings: criminal, State Central Registry and driving