Organization: Huther Doyle
Job Title: HCBS Training Coordinater
Posting Start: 02/12/2019
Posting End: 03/22/2019
Location: 360 East Avenue
A Brief Job Description:
The Training Coordinator position provides training and technical assistance to the Care Management Agencies and Care Managers working within the Huther Doyle HUB affiliated with Health Homes of Upstate New York (HHUNY). This position provides in-person and web-based trainings, as well as on-site coaching, mentoring and team-based learning in order to sustain best practices and the associated improvement in care management outcomes for Health Home members.
A BA/BS degree in psychology, counseling, nursing or a closely related field is preferred. At least three year’s practical experience as a case manager is required, and experience in a chemical dependency or mental health treatment setting would be helpful. Knowledgeable about evolving trends in Healthcare Reform and HCBS and HARP is essential. Solid computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software required
Must have transportation and a clean license. Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to working as part of a multi-cultural staff to provide culturally appropriate services to a widely diverse client population.
This position is responsible for providing training, consultation, and coaching to support development and growth of system, agency and program levels regarding HCBS and HARP programs.
1. Uses live and online training curriculum to meet the needs of the workforce within the context of an evolving health care environment.
2. Uses practical tools and resources to accompany formal training curriculum and support implementation to meet the diverse needs of trainees and organizations.
3. Maintains solid working relationships with multiple stakeholders including MCO, agency/program leaders, supervisors and front-line staff.
4. Utilizes media to conduct online meetings, webinars, and conference calls to provide trainings and consultation remotely.
5. Summarizes feedback on training programs and uses information to continuously improve.
6. Respect the confidential nature of certain information you are exposed to in the course of your work performance
7. Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
This is a 2 year Grant position