Organization: CP Rochester & Happiness House
Job Title: Early Childhood Education Teacher - 10 Month
Posting Start: 06/14/2019
Posting End: 08/31/2019
Location: Rochester, NY
A Brief Job Description:
We are currently seeking an Early Childhood Education Teacher to join our team of Clinical Professionals in our Augustin’s Children’s Center. Augustin Children’s Center provides a full continuum of educational and therapeutic services for children, birth to kindergarten, with and without disabilities. Individualized programs and attention from our experienced staff are delivered on our campus in an ideal, accessible suburban setting featuring a gymnasium, outdoor classroom, playground and a heated swimming pool. Our renowned center seamlessly integrates children with disabilities and children without disabilities in a unique and rewarding educational environment.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Childhood Education with NYS certification in Childhood Education. Early Childhood Certification (Birth-Grade 2) preferred.
2. Experience working with young children.
3. Knowledge of child development and student learning.
4. Knowledge of content and instructional planning and implementation.
5. Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
6. Must have demonstrated commitment to performing job duties and tasks at a high level of performance.
Teaches young children in an integrated pre-school classroom with the Special Education Teacher. Creates and maintains a structured and effective program and safe environment that provides for the individual development needs of the children.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Ensure a meaningful and individualized educational experience for all students.
2. Administers developmental assessments to all students to gather data to determine how to meet individual development needs of the children.
3. Works with the Special Education Teacher to coordinate a structured program and safe environment that provides for the individual development needs of the children.
4. Coordinates daily and weekly lesson plans with the Special Education Teacher that are available for review by the Program Director or the Education Coordinator.
5. Maintains all necessary paperwork in portfolios for each child.
6. Participates in all parent-teacher conferences for children in the New Friends program.
7. Attends all team, discipline and staff meetings as designated.
8. Creates lesson plans using NYS Learning Standards and agency selected curriculum.
9. Supervises classroom paraprofessionals, aides and assistants, students, volunteers and others involved in helping capacities with input from the Special Education Teacher.
10. Completes annual performance appraisals for paraprofessionals, teaching assistants and teacher aides with input from the Special Education Teacher.
11. Schedules parent and family classroom visits in conjunction with the Special Education Teacher.
12. Develops an annual inventory of all classroom equipment and supplies together with the Special Education Teacher.
13. Submits daily/monthly attendance records for all children without disabilities.
14. Participates in conferences, workshops, department meetings and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Employment: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during program hours. Evening work may be required as job duties demand.10 Month School Year Schedule