Organization: NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports
Job Title: Nurse 3 Psychiatric EVENINGS (JL Norris Addiction Treatment Center)
Posting Start: 02/13/2020
Posting End: 03/31/2020
Location: Rochester, NY
A Brief Job Description:
Salary: $62,726-$79,577 PLUS $8,000 Geo Pay and $575 Inconvenience Pay. Benefits available.
Current NYS RN licensure with BSN and 2-years full-time experience with patients, of whom 50% or more have been diagnosed with mental illness or chemical dependency or MSN with one year of specialized experience; or eligible for transfer. Candidates must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and/or Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment. OASAS Addiction Treatment Centers (ATCs) are Tobacco Free Facilities.
The Nurse 3 Psychiatric is a senior member of a multidisciplinary treatment team whose duties include, but are not limited to:
• Member of the leadership team, works with the Nurse Administrator as an advance practice nurse to assess, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate nursing care aspects for individuals in treatment.
• Develops and assists in facility nursing orientation programs and mentor’s new nurses.
• Serves as a consultant to other nurses and direct care staff in the implementation of treatment interventions.
• Continually evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and program as part of quality assurance and improvement activities of the facility.
• Develops improved methods of practice where current approaches of care need to be improved.
• Member of the integrated treatment team, collaborates with other staff to ensure patient needs are addressed in the treatment and discharge of patients.
• May participated in the admission of individuals to a facility.
• May provide scheduled and emergency nursing treatment as needed.
• Assists with the referrals to other service providers.
• Acts as a liaison to outside agencies and providers to ensure continuity of care.
• Serves as a consultant, teacher and resource to ATC nurses and direct care staff in assessment of patients and planning, implementing and evaluating individual care.
• Serves as a teacher and resource to nursing staff in the use of specialized equipment, arranging for trainings as needed.
• Develops written reports and trainings specific to quality improvement needs.
• Develops nursing policies and procedures with the Nurse Administrator.
• Provides supervision to nursing staff and direct care personnel involved with the care and treatment of individuals.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Contact Information: If Interested, please submit your resume to:
Amanda Wheeler, Human Resources Specialist 1
NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports
1450 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
Phone: (518) 457-2963 Fax: (518) 457-4880 Amanda.Wheeler@oasas.ny.gov