Organization: NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports
Job Title: Nurse 2 Psychiatric OR Nurse 1 (John L. Norris Addiction Treatment Center)
Posting Start: 02/13/2020
Posting End: 03/31/2020
Location: Rochester, NY
A Brief Job Description:
Come join our team!
NIGHTS and EVENINGS NEEDED! Hours to be determined at time of interview and are flexible.Will be discussed further at interview.
You MUST be a registered nurse in NYS with current registration to practice.
Nurse 2 Psy - $50,722 - $64,557*
Nurse 1 - $45,455 - $58,028*
*Plus Geographic Differential $8,000
*Plus Shift Differential $2,000 (Evenings); $3,000 (Nights)
*Plus Inconvenience Pay $575 (Evenings and Nights)
• Administer nursing and direct care including completion of nursing and admission assessments;
• Transcribe and execute prescriber/medical orders & administer medications and treatments;
• Monitor the environment for patient health, safety and security;
• Involvement in facility performance assessment and improvement activities;
• Function as shift charge; Perform other nursing duties as assigned;
• Proficient use of a computer is required for record keeping and documentation;
• Collect specimens; Perform venipunctures;
• Maintain nursing/facility supplies and equipment;
• Provide crisis intervention as needed;
• Transport patients as assigned using NYS vehicle;
• May direct other staff, trainees, in assignments;
• Completion of other tasks to meet ATC needs.
• Incumbent will be required to work overtime shifts periodically as needed.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Contact Information: If interested, send your resume to:
NYS Office of Addiction Services and Supports
1450 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
If you are interested, please email me your resume at : email@example.com