Organization: Family Services of Chemung Cty., Inc.
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Posting Start: 02/14/2020
Posting End: 03/31/2020
A Brief Job Description:
Mental Health Therapists provide high-quality, confidential, and affordable outpatient mental health services for children, adolescence, families, adults and caregivers, and in community-based settings such as schools, medical offices and forensic settings. They address a wide range of emotional, behavioral, relational, environmental and/or biological issues or concerns. Our outpatient clinic and 14 offsite locations are licensed by the NY State Office of Mental Health and is National Health Service Corps (NHSC) certified.
• Provides outpatient clinical services including assessment, screening, diagnosis, treatment planning, case
management, crisis intervention and ongoing treatment; Supports safe, quality-based behavioral health
• Responds to a range of clients’ needs using differential diagnoses, appropriate treatment modalities, and a
variety of intervention methods.
• Respond to emergent client needs, including risk and other safety assessments and referral for further
• Engages clients from a person-centered, strength-based holistic orientation addressing medical,
behavioral health, long-term care, and social supports
• Collaborates effectively with agency staff on behalf of clients.
• Works collaboratively with other community agencies on behalf of clients and/or the agency.
• Complete all required documentation, including but not limited to behavioral health screening,
comprehensive behavioral health assessment, risk assessment and safety plan, plan of care, progress
notes, and discharge summary;
• Maintains clinical records and using the established electronic health record in accordance with insurance
regulations and established clinic policies and procedures and in timely compliance with agency policies
• Complies with clinical productivity standards as established by Director of Clinical Services.
• Participates in regularly scheduled clinical supervision, team and staff meetings.
• Effectively organizes time and responsibilities.
• Assumes all responsibilities of a mandated reporter.
• Performs all the job duties and responsibilities of a mental health counselor.
• Other assignments and tasks may be added at the discretion of the Supervisor, Manager or Director
Requirements: The Mental Health Therapist should be a compassionate listener, dedicated to supporting the personal growth needs of their clientele. They must possess a master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related mental health discipline. Prior experience with post graduate work in a behavioral health setting is preferred. New graduates with a clinical field placement that included supervision are encouraged to apply. Must be a compassionate listener, with demonstrated ability to build rapport with clientele who are diverse in their race, culture, religion, economic resources, sexual orientation, gender identity, and abilities.