Organization: Stepping Stones Learning Center
Job Title: Billing/Finance Associate
Posting Start: 02/17/2017
Posting End: 02/28/2017
Location: Rochester, NY
A Brief Job Description:
Position: Billing/Finance Associate
Status: Full Time (40hrs/wk)
Stepping Stones Learning Center is a not-for-profit, family centered program for children birth to 21 years of age with and without special needs. Our unique learning environment is designed to help children from all cultural and developmental backgrounds to grow, interact, and develop relationships to their maximum potential. It is our goal to collaborate with parents, childcare providers, and preschool instructors to create optimal programming for young children. Stepping Stones Learning Center is approved by the New York State Education Department and the New York State Department of Health and provides services in Monroe, Ontario, and Wayne counties.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Track required documentation for services, such as OPWDD contracts, NYEIS authorizations, STACs, school age contracts, and preschool and private pay payment options.
• Communicate with appropriate agencies regarding any discrepancies and/or missing information/paperwork for an individual child’s referred services and payment authorization.
• Understand and facilitate all billing responsibilities within the EI system, 3-5, school age evaluation, preschool and OPWDD programs.
• Prepare all bills to the County and state education by the established due dates.
• Verify billing for accuracy of service type, dates of service, units delivered, frequency/duration and location.
• Monitor and follow-up with all pending’s/denied claims for accurate approval of services delivered.
• Work closely with the CEO, Finance, Information Technology and Office team to reconcile billing and payment of services delivered by the organization.
• Enter all accounts payable invoices into Quickbooks.
• Process check payments to vendors
• Deposit checks and cash as needed.
• Apply all accounts receivable payments into Quickbooks.
• Maintain all credit card payments and records
• Enter childcare and preschool billings into Quickbooks.
• Handle all inquiries from families regarding preschool or childcare billing
Essential Academic and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of three years related experience in computer management and billing as per the Early Intervention and State Education System.
• Proven experience and a positive track record with regards to billing and computer knowledge required along with comprehensive knowledge in the area of computer programs.
• Experience in QuickBooks and DSS preferred
• Proficient in Excel
• High degree of accuracy and the ability to input information and create bills according to specified formats needed.
• Detailed oriented, self-motivated and ability to multitask to meet multiple deadlines.
Stepping Stones Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minority, Females, Disabled and Veterans encouraged to apply.